With this MOOC we, the ELIC team, aim to support learning processes in a diverse, international online group. Our experts/facilitators for the six weeks will provide different types of materials, questions for discussion and tasks to fulfill (e-tivities) with respect to the topics of the week. The moderators/conveners will support you to become an active online learner who collaborates with others to complete the tasks and who shares his or her learning experiences on the web.
… is based on the principles of connectivism:
- Autonomy to make your own choices and be in control of your learning, to learn what is important for you and in which extent,
- Diversity with respect to your experience, your interests and where you are coming from – as well as the diverse experiences and interests of the experts, diverse resources (of learners and experts),
- Interactivity to give you the opportunity to engage with different learners from the participating countries
- and openness to everybody who is interested into our MOOC and open to share. In this MOOC you don’t need a password to contribute.
The moderators/conveners will support you – see their suggestions:
- If possible, proceed as the MOOC proceeds and be active when the others are active (it’s easier this way),
- Don’t aim to read or watch everything, fulfill each task but choose what is of interest to you,
- Try to communicate online with other learners and don’t be afraid of writing in english, nobody’s english is perfect.